10/1/18 Negotiation Update
- The next contract negotiation meeting with the Federal Mediator and Walgreens is Monday, Oct 22, 2018.
9/24/18 Negotiation Update
- Negotiations has taken a disappointing setback. Walgreens proposed takeaways, including modifications to your PTO which takes 3-8 days away from each member. This is unacceptable and Local 648 vows to stand and fight for our members.
9/7/18 Negotiation update
- We met with Walgreen’s today and there was positive movement. The next contract negotiation meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 24th.
8/27/18 Negotiation update
- The next contract negotiation meeting is scheduled for Friday, September 7th. We will keep you updated as talks continue.
8/25/18 – Negotiation update
- We left the last negotiation meeting on August 20th after Walgreens made a proposal that again failed to meet your expectations.
- Local 648 is fully committed and prepared to meet with the company to resolve your contract.
- We firmly believe that Walgreens should share in their profits with YOU, who work hard to create these profits.
- Walgreens has a commitment to their patients and customers. Where is Walgreens’ commitment to YOU?
- There will be NO strike until YOU VOTE on a proposal.
- Your healthcare does not immediately end if there is a strike.
- The Union does not want a strike, but it’s time to tell Walgreens that Corporate Greed at this level has to stop.
- The Union is working for YOU!
Dan Larson, President
Milton Hum, Secretary/Treasurer
To all UFCW 648 members:
A workers compensation attorney from the law firm of Boxer Gerson, LLP will be available to answer any questions you may have on workers compensation.
- When: April 27, 2018 9am to 12 noon
- Where: Union Hall 1980 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103-3489
Your contract expires June 30, 2018, and we scheduled meetings to discuss the upcoming contract negotiation.
Please attend one of the following meeting so we can hear your feedback:
- Monday, January 29, 2018 – Drop in anytime between 8:30 am to 11:30 am & 1 pm to 4:30 pm @ Union Office 1980 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018 – drop in anytime between 8:30 am and 4pm @ 323 Geary St Ste 311, San Francisco, CA
- Friday, February 2, 2018 – drop in anytime between 10 am and 4pm @ CYC (Community Youth Center) 319 6th Ave 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA
October 17, 2015
Safeway contract passed by 85%.
Tentative Agreement Reached with Safeway
September 23, 2015
September 20, 2015
September 4, 2015
May 20, 2015
UFCW Local 648 and UFCW 8-Golden State have scheduled additional meetings with Safeway during the month of June. We will continue to address the many important issues within the Collective Bargaining Agreement as we work to achieve the best possible agreement that meets the needs of our members.
In the meantime, your contract remains in effect and your current benefit and pension plans are secure. There is no need to rush the process. Continue to visit your union website at ufcw648.org or our Facebook Page and stay informed for the latest information regarding bargaining.
Thanks for your patience and for your ongoing support of your union.