Dues help the union maintain the strength it needs to win strong contracts. No other investment gives you so much in return. Here are a few of the things that Local 648 negotiates for:
- Wage increases
- Safe conditions on the job
- Employer-paid health insurance including vision, dental and prescription drugs
- Reasonable workload requirements
- Job security and seniority rights
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Protection from unfair treatment and favoritism by the boss
Your dues are spent solely to benefit the membership. Along with your one time initiation fee, your dues dollar helps pay for:
- The salaries of the member representatives, organizers and member support staff
- Experts who voice your concerns to city, county, state and national legislators on issues of concern to working families
- Compensate attorneys and pay the union’s share of arbitration cases
- Per capita dues which sustain our share of the UFCW International Union costs and those of other local, state and regional labor organizations with which Local 648 is affiliated.
Dues range in amount depending on classification.
At this time you may elect to be billed monthly for your dues or set up an automatic withdrawal from your debit or credit card. We have added an online billing option for you here on our website.
Please stay current on your dues. If you get two months behind, you will be suspended and be subject to a reinstatement fee in addition to the back dues. You don’t want that and the Union doesn’t want that!
Remember, being a Union member in good standing is a condition of your employment.