10/1/18 Negotiation Update
- The next contract negotiation meeting with the Federal Mediator and Walgreens is Monday, Oct 22, 2018.
9/24/18 Negotiation Update
- Negotiations has taken a disappointing setback. Walgreens proposed takeaways, including modifications to your PTO which takes 3-8 days away from each member. This is unacceptable and Local 648 vows to stand and fight for our members.
9/7/18 Negotiation update
- We met with Walgreen’s today and there was positive movement. The next contract negotiation meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 24th.
8/27/18 Negotiation update
- The next contract negotiation meeting is scheduled for Friday, September 7th. We will keep you updated as talks continue.
8/25/18 – Negotiation update
- We left the last negotiation meeting on August 20th after Walgreens made a proposal that again failed to meet your expectations.
- Local 648 is fully committed and prepared to meet with the company to resolve your contract.
- We firmly believe that Walgreens should share in their profits with YOU, who work hard to create these profits.
- Walgreens has a commitment to their patients and customers. Where is Walgreens’ commitment to YOU?
- There will be NO strike until YOU VOTE on a proposal.
- Your healthcare does not immediately end if there is a strike.
- The Union does not want a strike, but it’s time to tell Walgreens that Corporate Greed at this level has to stop.
- The Union is working for YOU!
Dan Larson, President
Milton Hum, Secretary/Treasurer
To all UFCW 648 members:
A workers compensation attorney from the law firm of Boxer Gerson, LLP will be available to answer any questions you may have on workers compensation.
- When: April 27, 2018 9am to 12 noon
- Where: Union Hall 1980 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103-3489